Human Resources Management Unit (HRMU)
Overview of Department:
The Human Resources Management Unit is the department that handles Central Government Human Resources Management and Administration. This is geared at the following:
- Improving the performance of the HRMU Team to deliver on its core functions.
- Improving HR services through the implementation of various key strategies.
- Ensuring that the Public Service has a cadre of professional, high-performing public officers with the competencies to drive the Government’s policy and legislative agenda.
- Fully comply with the Government of Montserrat Code of Ethics.
- Improving data management and supporting the development of evidence-based HR policies and strategies.
- Validating customer expectations through the review and development of service standards and the development of operational charters.
- Improving employee and customer satisfaction through the implementation of appropriate HR Strategies and protocols.
- Implementation of a fully functional Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
HRMU a model of excellence!
To recruit, retain and reward an elite cadre of high performing public officers to drive the Governments’ policy and legislative agenda.
Aims & Values
HR aims to provide the following:
- We aim to recognize performance.
- We aim to effectively recruit and retain resources for the organization.
- We aim to motivate and engage staff.
- We aim to be confidential, honest and consistent.
- We aim to respond to queries and resolve them in a timely manner.
- We aim to model core values and behaviors.
- We aim to adhere to HR policies and practices.
HR has ‘Values’ that underpins everything that it does. These are as follows:
HR has ‘values’ that underpins everything that it does. These are as follows:
- Deportment and Behaviour;
- Support one another;
- Trust and respect;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Share information;
- Listening and caring;
- Accountability and transparency;
- Challenge (respectfully);
- Professionalism; and
- Impartiality and objectivity.
HRMU services are provided for the public service:
- Recruitment and Retention;
- Contracts, Appointments, Transfers and Leave Management;
- Establishment/ Nominal Roll and Salaries/Wages;
- HR Advice, Grievance and Disciplinary Management;
- PSC Operations;
- TC Execution;
- Learning and Development; and
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
Six Individuals Awarded Government of Montserrat Scholarships to Pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies Abroad
Six individuals were awarded Government of Montserrat scholarships this year to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad. The Recipients of the 2020/21 National scholarships as
Six (6) students pursuing studies in Jamaica are expected to return home this evening on the Jaden Sun Ferry at Little Bay Montserrat. The students,
The Government of Montserrat is now accepting applications for Scholarship Awards based on Cabinet’s Approved Priority Listing, up to 2022. The Cabinet approved list for
Chief Human Resources Officer
Mrs. Cheverlyn Williams-Kirnon
View or download this form:
Candidates for appointment to the Government Services should complete this form.
This form is for public officers and the information that is provided will only be used for processing your MONTHLY SALARY
This form can be viewed or downloaded here:
Individuals who have accepted a Government of Montserrat’s offer of employment from overseas, must complete and submit this application form two(2) weeks before the date of appointment with the Immigration Department.
This application should be submitted two (2) weeks before the date of appointment with the Immigration Department.
To view or download the TD2 FORM for public officers desirous of applying for professional/ technical area qualifications, please click on the link below:
Leave form for public officers:
Complete and submit this form (public officers) to apply for a loan to purchase a motor car:
Public officers must complete and submit this form, to request a job letter from HRMU:
This form can be viewed or downloaded from the link below:
Performance Development Agreement and Review forms are available here:
Main Contact Details
Human Resources Management Unit
|Tel: (664) 491-2365/2444|
Departments/Unit Contact Information
Chief Human Resources Officer: Mrs. Cheverlyn Williams-Kirnon
Main Tel: 664-491-2361 ext: 7141
Director: Ms. Joycelyn Hogan
Main Tel: 664-491-2365 Ext: 7242
Director: Ms. Amuelle Kirnon
Main Tel: 664-491-2365 Ext: 7244
Director: Ms. Sherylene Dyer
Main Tel: 664-491-2365 Ext: 7250