The nomination period for the 2022 National Honours and Awards has been extended to Monday October 25, 2021.
The Committee for the National Honours and Awards agreed to this extension to afford nationals on Montserrat and in the Diaspora who may not have heard the previous announcements, one last opportunity to submit nominations.
Members of the public can therefore submit the names of individuals they wish to nominate for awards in the following categories:
- The Order of National Hero
- The Order of Excellence
- The Order of Distinction
- The Order of Merit
All submissions should include the following information:
- The nominee’s name;
- The category nominated for; and
- Background and supporting information to justify the nomination, including significant accomplishments and achievements.
Hard copies of the application forms are available at the Office of the Premier. Individuals can also download the form from the Government of Montserrat website www.gov.ms on the Office of the Premier’s page. The direct link to the form is:
Completed nomination forms are to be addressed and submitted to the National Honours and Awards Committee, Office of the Premier via email or hardcopy.
Details of the nomination categories are as follows:
The Order of the National Hero is the highest award and is granted to a Montserratian who, by exceptional and extraordinary service, has changed the course of the country and significantly transformed the lives of Montserratians.
The Order of Excellence is awarded to a Montserratian:
- who, by extraordinary and unwavering commitment and devoted and distinguished service has contributed significantly to the development of Montserrat and positively projected its image or
- for exceptional achievements in any field or discipline at the national, regional and international level
The Order of Distinction is awarded to a Montserratian who:
- In any field, has given distinguished and outstanding service: or
- has attained remarkable achievement at the national level or made remarkable contribution on a national level.
The Order of Merit is awarded to a Montserratian for meritorious contribution to national development in the field of arts, science, commerce, sports, education, governance, philanthropy, community service or any other related area.
For further information, please contact Miss. Brenda Lindsey at email@example.com or telephone 1-664-491-3378