Disaster Management Coordination Agency (DMCA)
Overview of Department:
The Disaster Management Coordination Agency (DMCA) is the lead agency on Montserrat responsible for emergency and comprehensive disaster management through prevention, mitigation, planning, preparedness, response and recovery.
DMCA’s vision is a comprehensive approach to hazard management: to facilitate and coordinate the development and implementation of a comprehensive disaster-management programmes through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
To prevent or reduce the impact of natural and man-made hazards and disasters on life, health, property and expedite recovery through education, warning systems and coordination of multi-agency resources.
The DMCA provides the following services:
- Operational and Logistical Support in times of crisis and disasters;
- Communication and main provider of VHF radio system via interagency linkages;
- Oversee all operations of Zone V;
- Disseminate precise, timely and transparent information before, during and after a hazard impact, emergency or disaster, and carryout outreach activities;
- Rental of Assets;
- Rental of Facilities;
- Maintenance of critical infrastructure;
- Provision of standby generation plants for inter-agency support.
On Friday August 7, 2020 Montserrat received a shipment of humanitarian supplies to support the island’s national response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The supplies were
TROPICAL STORM GONZALO MAY BECOME A HURRICANE TODAY; RESIDENTS SHOULD CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM AND ASSESS THEIR RISK.
Yellow Hill, Montserrat – July 23, 2020 – At 800 AM, the center of Tropical Storm Gonzalo was located near latitude 9.8 North, longitude 47.9
TROPICAL STORM GONZALO CHURNS TO THE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN; RESIDENTS SHOULD CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE SYSTEM AS IT PROGRESSES.
Yellow Hill, Montserrat – July 22, 2020 – At 1100 AM, the center of Tropical Storm Gonzalo was located near latitude 9.9 North, longitude 43.6