External Affairs Unit
Overview of Department:
The Office of the Premier, through the External Affairs Unit is responsible for the development, implementation and promotion of certain external matters as they relate to:
- Regional Cooperation;
- Diaspora Affairs;
- Immigration Policy;
- Investment and Trade; Promotion; and
- Diplomatic Relations including Economic/Development Diplomacy.
In line with Government of Montserrat’s priority of rebuilding the population and economy, the Unit’s mandate is to facilitate sustainable development opportunities for Montserrat through
1) Strategic cooperation and collaboration with key external partners.
2) Execution of mutually-beneficial bilateral and multilateral agreements, and
3) Promotion of Montserrat’s interests overseas and in the Diaspora as an ideal business and investment location and/or a desirable place to live, work and visit.
Montserrat and other non-independent Member States of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) are exploring what options are possible to provide monetary, and or
The Government of Montserrat has sent three officers to the 2nd Special Training Programme for CARICOM Diplomats, being held in India from August 12 to
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has agreed to a Visiting Mission to Montserrat by the United Nations (UN) Decolonisation Committee. This UN Visit was
Ms. Debra Lewis