PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICE
Overview of Department
The Programme Management Office (PMO) within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management has been established to improve the delivery and effectiveness of project, programme, and portfolio management across the Government of Montserrat. The PMO is also responsible for building a sustainable local project management capability to successfully support Montserrat’s major transformational investments into the future.
The PMO serves as a key interface between the Government of Montserrat and its international funding partners on matters relating to the planning, execution and monitoring of change activities.
A Centre of Excellence driving Montserrat’s sustainable transformation and development
- To enable excellence in our projects and programmes.
- To maximize the strategic return from our investments.
- To be a trusted project delivery partner for all ministries and departments.
- To grow a sustainable community of good practice.
- To drive confidence and pride in Montserrat’s development trajectory through project and programme success.
Airport Set to Re-Open on Schedule- April 22, 2021 The Government of Montserrat is pleased to announce the successful completion of the Runway Resurfacing
On Tuesday January 5, 2021 Government of Montserrat officials held a groundbreaking ceremony at the John A. Osborne Airport to signal the start of the
“Montserrat Punching Above Its Weight in Programme Management” Government of Montserrat’s Programme Management Office (PMO) has been announced as the best PMO in the world
The services of the PMO covers three (3) areas:
STRATEGIC TRANSFORMATIONAL SUPPORT
- To support the Government’s strategic policy and investment decisions through a dynamic portfolio management approach and prioritization process
- To ensure visibility and linkage between delivery, and strategic outcomes, through a focus on benefits identification and realization.
- To support senior stakeholder engagement on matters of strategy, investment and governance.
- To provide guidance and direction to the Montserrat Steering Committee on project and programme related matters.
- To be an adviser, as required, on matters relating to new projects, initiatives, investments and partnerships.
PROGRAMME & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- To be the Government’s key advisor on all issues relating to programme and project management.
- To nurture ideas and proposals through the project development cycle, and support business case creation.
- Support the execution, management and control of projects to time, cost, and quality, whilst delivering sought outcomes and benefits for Montserrat.
- Be the focal point for standards, guidance, templates and toolkits for the full range of project and programme management processes.
- To manage and support projects and project teams in line with governance arrangements for project management, ensuring that relevant roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities are defined and aligned to organizational practice.
- Employ effective and dynamic management of risks (threats and opportunities) assumptions, issues, decisions, and dependencies.
- Develop, maintain or oversee project plans, scopes, and schedules (in line with programme, portfolio and strategic objectives) taking account of technical feasibility, key dependencies, and stakeholders and resources.
- Track the progress of projects and programmes, and use appropriate verification techniques to manage/assure changes in project scope, schedule, and cost.
- Measure and report the project and programme performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Be an advocate for change management and transformation – keeping benefits and outcmes at the forefront of project management.
Maintain and deepen stakeholder relationships with current and potential funding and strategic partners.
- To build and develop a sustainable PMO organization, fit for purpose for Montserrat’s unique delivery context.
- To develop, and collaborate with, a network of change agents across the Government of Montserrat, to successfully deliver projects and programmes within a shared and consistent framework.
- To familiarize, train and certify key individuals in the skills and competencies required for all aspects of transformational change.
- To develop the handbook, toolkit, templates and exemplars for key project and programme management aspects – such as risk management, benefits realization, change control, stakeholder management etc.
- To raise awareness of the work of the PMO and the project and programme management profession, and to engage young people and other professionals in prospective opportunities in the field.
- To develop local, regional and international partnerships to facilitate a community of good practice in Montserrat, to share good ideas and learning from experience, and to enable continued professional development.
- To support, mentor and coach those involved in aspects of change or project delivery.
Programme Management Office c/o Ministry of Finance & Economic Management
Tel: (1) 664-491-2777/2356/3057
Head of PMO: Mr. Martin Parlett
Deputy Head of PMO: Ms. Linda Dias
Head of PMO