MONITORING & EVALUATION UNIT
Overview of Department:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit was established within the Cabinet Secretariat, Office of the Premier in 2012.
Our mandate is outlined as follows:
- To provide a basis for the ongoing and systematic collection of information to assess progress towards the achievement of objectives, outcomes and impacts for the Government of Montserrat (GoM). The data is expected to ensure that GoM has a clear basis for assessing how successful the Government is, at achieving its priority objectives.
- Use of the performance information (through evidence-based policy making and results based budgeting) to support the budgeting and planning processes in the setting of priorities, when there are often many competing demands on limited resources.
- M&E enhances transparency and supports accountability by revealing the extent to which government has attained its desired objectives.
- Assist with providing clear baselines and targets for those responsible for implementing change: clearly elucidating the how, why and what GoM and the social partners need to do to contribute to the achievement of the GoM’s overarching goals.
- Provide relevant and timely information to assist programme implementers and decision makers to adjust their actions/decisions in light of achievement (what is working and what is not working), so as to improve the prospects of success; by early signalling of potential weaknesses in programme designs to allow for adjustments to be made.
The training ‘Monitoring to Realize Your Benefits and Results’ was held on October 12, 2020 in the HR Training room by the M & E
Release Date: June 10, 2020 The Government of Montserrat’s National Performance Report for the period 2018-2019 has been published online and is available for review.